Truck accidents are extremely dangerous to all involved, and if you have been involved in one, our Mt. Pleasant personal injury lawyers of Lawton Law Firm want to help. We will review the facts of your case to ensure the guilty party is held responsible for his or her actions. As truck accidents are often so much more devastating than a regular vehicle accident, it is important the case is handled by an experienced attorney.
The following are how truck accidents can be investigated:
- Analysis of the collision scene – Evidence is essential to the analysis of the accident, and this evidence may include any physical debris left at the scene, photography, skid marks on the road, traffic patterns, traffic control, lighting, etc.
- Witnesses – Those who were directly involved or happened to see what happened will be contacted, questioned, and recorded.
- Records – Investigators will request various includes, such as 911 call recordings, traffic surveillance videos, accident or criminal history, drug and alcohol testing records, accident reconstruction analysis, witness statements, and more.
- Consider history – The trucking company will most definitely be contacted, and certain information will be examined, such as criminal history, inspection reports, DOT safety history, safety policies, drug and alcohol testing policies, state business records, media reports, and more.
- Consult experts – Various experts will be consulted, including accident reconstruction experts, commercial driver standard of care experts, drug and alcohol recognition experts, metallurgists, engineers, roadway design experts, pathologist, and more.
Contact Our Mt. Pleasant Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, there is no time like the present to enlist in the help of a trusted Mt. Pleasant personal injury attorney, such as ours at Lawton Law Firm. Our legal team is committed to fighting for your rights above all else, and we will do so as efficiently and effectively as possible. Don’t face this challenging time without our support, guidance, and counsel.
Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (843) 588-5302.